Director - Lexton Law Corporation
LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore
Edwin is one of the founding Directors of Lexton Law Corporation. He graduated with Honours in Law from the National University of Singapore in 1995.
He has practiced primarily in construction, commercial and civil litigation (including property damage and personal injury claims) as well as non-contentious work. His other main area of practice has been in alternative dispute resolution such as mediation, neutral evaluation, med-arb and arbitration. He also provides advice on general corporate matters, employment disputes and on wills and probate work. Edwin also provides advice pertaining to general corporate matters to SMEs and businesses.
Recent notable projects:
– Most recently, acted as counsel in a High Court family trust dispute involving quantum in excess of S$200m with interlocutory appeals to the Court of Appeal, reported in Tan Chin Hoon & Others v Tan Choo Suan & Others  SGHC 340.
– Acted as counsel in High Court dispute over licences to occupy and tenancy dispute, reported in Abundance Development Pte Ltd v Absolut Events and Marketing Pte Ltd  SGHC 198.
– Acted as counsel in numerous Security of Payment Act (SOPA) claims both as Claimant and as Respondent, including in a successful claim involving quantum in excess of S$4.3m against an overseas-listed main contractor.
– Acted as counsel in an intellectual property dispute in the High Court, involving alleged mis-use of franchise agreements in 2011.
– Acted as counsel in a High Court dispute over alleged breach of fiduciary duties as directors in 2011.
– Acted as counsel for a Singapore Enterprise50 company in their High Court dispute with licensees in 2004.
– Advising and assisting a Singapore company in subscribing for new shares in the Gretai Securities Market in Taiwan.
– Advising and acting for vendors in a sale and purchase of shares by a Singapore-listed company.
– Member of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators.
– Member of the Society of Construction Law (Singapore).
– Member of the Singapore Institute of Directors
– Advocacy Trainer with the Board of Legal Education’s Post-Graduate Law Course conducted by The Law Society of Singapore.
– Member of the Year 2007 in Business Network International’s (Singapore) 2007 annual review.
– Volunteer with The Law Society’s Pro-Bono Community Legal Clinics and Criminal Legal Aid Scheme.
– Board member of Caritas Humanitarian Aid and Relief Initiatives, Singapore (CHARIS)